Sunday, May 18, 2008

If you're in the mood for a funny story

Here's a blog post by Joe Posnanski, who is a columnist in Kansas City, but I think an even better blogger. I was crying from laughing so hard by the end. It's about his greatest day in sportswriting, covering the 2000 Olympics. I could relate to walking into an event knowing very little, and then when you sit down to write, either having too much or too little information.

It's long, but stick with it.

So, this was at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney. I mentioned here earlier that the Olympics are like nothing else in sports journalism. You become entirely and inexplicably consumed by the Games, especially at the Summer Olympics where there are always about twenty different things going on at once.


Posnanski mostly writes about baseball, but I'd read anything he writes, he's that good.

No comments: