Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Vannelli no longer on Wheeling roster

I happened to wonder how former Thrasher prospect Mike Vannelli was faring in Wheeling tonight, and looked him up. Interestingly, he's no longer listed on the roster, but hasn't been involved in an official transaction either. Hmmm. Something to keep an eye on.

Many people stopped by the blog today, probably looking for a rehash of the Gladiators/Royals melee on Sunday. I don't have a lot to say about it that you can't get from the box score, or from the suspensions that will no doubt be handed down tomorrow. I remember saying "Oh my God" as it was happening because it was just so unbelievable -- total chaos with a fight between Myles Stoesz and a guy on the bench and then a linesman being sandwiched between two combatants.

The Gladiators team doctors went to give the linesman some treatment after the game, taking the stitches box, but I don't think he needed stitches because they weren't in there that long. Who was "in there that long" was Reading, who must have gotten an extremely long talking-to by their coach in the locker room. The Show-Pro guy jokingly got me a chair standing there in the hall so long (I was waiting for Jon Quick). Me, him and the cop who sits outside the refs lockers spend a lot of quality time together.

No comments: