Monday, February 25, 2008

Hasek could be back Friday, thus Turple

As soon as either Dominik Hasek or Logan Koopmans is healthy, goaltender Dan Turple should be back in Gwinnett. Here's the word on Hasek from Friday's Detroit News blog:

Dominik Hasek was on the ice after the Red Wings finished their morning skate Friday and said he expects to begin practicing with the team early next week. Hasek, who has missed the last four games with a hip flexor, worked with goaltending coach Jim Bedard and appears on track to begin workouts next week. "That's my goal," Hasek said. "Before the road trip is over my goal is to practice.I didn't feel any problems skating, or going up and down. It's different on your own than when you're with a team." The Wings will have a full team practice Monday in Edmonton. Hasek could possibly be ready to play next Friday at home against San Jose, but he isn't projecting that far. "I don't want to point to any day," Hasek said. "Definitely my feeling is that in a few days I want to practice and I feel very soon like I'll be able to play in a game. But I don't want to get too anxious."



No comments: