Sunday, April 13, 2008

Angelo Esposito will make AHL debut tomorrow

His junior season with the Quebec Remparts ended yesterday, he flew in tonight and watched the Wolves game. After the game, I saw him walking with Wolves GM Kevin Chevaldayoff. As I was doing a double-take, Chevy said to me "it's snowing!" as in, I must be having a fit coming from Atlanta (he's right). I said "new player, eh?" He said yeah, he just picked him up at the airport around 7pm.

I then chatted with Esposito for a couple minutes, who seemed wary to talk. Understandable under the circumstances. Not much came out of that other than he doesn't know anyone but Jordan LaVallee.

I asked him what number he would wear tomorrow and he said "whatever they give me." Well, they're giving you #6, kid. Enjoy it.

For those who can't quite recall, Esposito was acquired in the Marian Hossa deal at the trade deadline. Here are his stats. The Wolves take on the Peoria Rivermen at 3pm CT (4pm ET).

Naturally there will be photos tomorrow.

No comments: