Saturday, November 17, 2007

Hello from the Windy City

I arrived in Chicago this afternoon for this weekend's Wolves games, and saw something we haven't seen in ages in Atlanta -- rain! Not only didn't I pack an umbrella, I've nearly forgotten what they were.

Tonight will be the second of five games in five nights for me. Maybe you think that is ideal -- you'd watch hockey every night if you could -- but not me. I have to be careful not to burn myself out during the season so I still have energy and most importantly interest and curiosity left at the end. It's my natural curiosity that keeps me going, and if I don't have that, I might as well pack it in.

Anyway, the five will go Gladiators, Wolves, Wolves, Thrashers, Gladiators. Then one day off and it starts up again. Whew. In good hockey tradition, as soon as I got to the hotel, I took a nap.
A stop to buy batteries for my recorder after recharging my own, and I'll be good to go.

No comments: