Monday, October 6, 2008

Painchaud to ECHL and reading material

If you didn't previously understand that what was returned in the Mathieu Schneider deal were contract dumps, maybe this will clarify. Chad Painchaud was assigned to the ECHL Bakersfield Condors today.

A couple other interesting things to read while we wait for final rosters on Wednesday:

A sports radio guy in Dallas got to be an assistant coach for the Stars for a night in preseason and writes about it.

Gare Joyce of ESPN.com wrote a long piece on how the economic troubles will impact sports. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet, but I will. I'm very glad that neither of my jobs have anything to do with the markets, housing, or retail, and both are doing well financially. Whew.

I ran into ECHL linesman Rob Montepare at the Thrashers game Saturday and talked to him almost the entire second intermission. I spent all summer, and into the fall, looking for joy of hockey. That guy has it. Note to self: get his number.

Oh, funny thing Rob said -- Jeff Pyle showed up to talk to the ECHL refs convention wearing a garbage bag and a ref's helmet.
.

No comments: