Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Bar at the Cooler now open

Yesterday a Top 20, today bar reconnaissance. Don't say I'm not working for you.

The Cooler in Alpharetta, an ice rink with two sheets, has always had an upstairs that overlooked the rinks, but never did much with it. Leagues hold their drafts up there, that's about it. Well, that changed yesterday with the opening of the "Atlanta Fire Bar."

Don't get too excited, it's not much more than a basement bar. They have a license to serve beer and wine. It's $2 for a can of beer or 9oz. cup of wine. They also have some snacks you can order:

Chicken Fingers $3.50
Chick. Fingers & Fries $5.25
Mozzarella Sticks $2.75
Onion Rings $2.50
Fries $2.00
They may add wings and nachos, they tell me.

I asked two people about the hours it will be open, and that's still to be determined. Today it's open 5-10. That's not going to be late enough to rival nearby Miller's Ale House which closes at 2am, I'm afraid. But I think they are going more for the hockey parent demographic than the adult league players.

In any case, remember: don't drink and skate.

Update on the 3-year-old boy learning to skate that I talked about a month ago -- progress is slow. He and dad were there again today. I thought the rope he was holding the boy up with was helping him skate, but no, it just saves the dad's back.

No comments: