Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Snow in Atlanta

So yeah, it's snowing. Started late afternoon, coming down in big wet chunks. To me, this meant only one thing: start the drive home now because the traffic is only going to get worse.

I've seen enough snow to last a lifetime already, having grown up in the snow belt. When I was young, I thought everyone got 120" of snow a year. I really did. So if I never see another flake, that will be fine by me. I've gotten my fill.

My cat, the young southern belle that she is, did not know what to make of the snow today, however. She eventually decided she did not like it. Whether it was too much like rain or just scared her, we'll never know.

I've lived in Atlanta about 10 years, and can tell you it snows about one day a year, and generally doesn't stick for more than a few hours. We'll see if it's still here in the morning.

11:00pm update: Still coming down, still very slushy.

No comments: